Who I Treat
Although I am based in the Canary Wharf area, you do not have to be a banker to come and see me. I work with a range of individuals and the most common type of problems they bring to me include:
- low mood (loss of enthusiasm, interest and pleasure in activities)
- worry and “what-if” thoughts about the future
- feeling like a fraud and filled with self-doubt
- paralysed by anxiety (public speaking, performance, social, public transport)
- unrealistically high standards of themselves and often of others
- constant feeling that one day it will all come crashing down around them and they will lose everything
- dwelling on the negative and failing to see the bigger picture
- getting stressed over little things
- depressed and unable to withhold judgment of themselves when it’s absolutely necessary to do so!
- stressed over competing roles, specifically family and work life
If you relate to any of the above, I may be just the person to help you!
Problems CBT Can Help With
- Panic attacks and Agoraphobia
- Low mood and Depression
- Worry, also called Generalised Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Public Speaking Fears
- Sleep Problems (insomnia)
- Difficulty delegating and saying “no”
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Work-related stress
- Relationship Problems
- Couples Therapy
- Anxiety about sexual performance
- Low self-esteem
- Anger Difficulties
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (excessive concern over one’s physical appearance)
- Perfectionism (excessively high standards)
- Assertiveness problems
- Difficulty making decisions
- Paruresis (difficulty urinating in the presence of others/in public restrooms).
What do I do?
I have been working as a cognitive-behavioural therapist for over twenty years, and it is my passion to help individuals like YOU:
- Prioritize your mental well-being
- Manage your mood
- Develop coping strategies to help you deal more effectively with the stressors in your life
- Achieve your goals whilst maintaining a healthier work/life balance
- Manage anxiety symptoms and face your fears
- Tackle your perfectionism
I help individuals who are struggling with any of the above emotional problems, i.e., depression, anxiety, stress, anger, etc.
There are many different kinds of anxiety problems. Whether your anxiety is related to how others perceive you (in social situations or when giving presentations), or whether it’s about taking public transport, losing control over your bowels or bladder, or you’re feeling anxious about the future:
Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy can help you nip those fears in the bud!
The clients who benefit most from working with me
Choosing the right therapist is like buying a pair of shoes; they have to fit. And we have to fit.
While credentials, location, and cost, are some of the factors to consider when deciding which therapist to work with, it’s also important that you connect with your therapist and that you feel your therapist “gets” you. A preliminary 15 minute phone call, as well as the assessment session will allow us to see if we are a good match for each other.
The people who benefit most from working with me are those who are willing to take responsibility for change; they know that something within them has to change. They don’t blame others for their predicament, and they understand that they can’t make other people change.